In comparison to conventionally used semi-tubular rivets, our solid punch rivet, Xprimo from Nedschroef provides a high level of rigidity and solidity.
The rivet is not deformed in this process, but the lower sheet is pressed in the undercut (diminution) of the rivet body. This property offers very good punching results - also in high strength components. When developing this solid-punch rivet, we combined our cold forming knowledge with the process technology of our development partner, TOX Pressotechnik GmbH & Co. KG, and established a groundbreaking product. Our Xprimo can be easily integrated into existing manufacturing processes.
The benefit of this rivet connection provides our customers with the option to combine components of various materials and strength. This is increasingly used by the automotive industry, for instance to combine aluminum sheets with high strength steel sheets. Combinations with glue between two or more sheets are also possible. This offers significantly greater design flexibility.
Technical specification of Xprimo
- Diameter: 4 mm and 5 mm (shaft diameter)
- Length: 3.5 mm to 9 mm
- Strength: 1300 N / mm ² - 1800 N / mm ²
- Many technical surfaces are applicable
- Other custom sizes and shapes available on request
- Join different sheet material
- Aluminum / steel
- Steel / high tensile steel
- Aluminum / high tensile steel
- Join sheet metal with various thicknesses
- Combination with adhesive possible
- No heat induction
- No pre piercing required
- Join 2 or 3 layers